Good News Update: [8.21.18]
Thank you so much for your prayers!! Here is an update.
After the testing, the doctors here in San Diego had concluded that my father was a candidate for surgery. His surgery took place on Monday, August 20th.
Please continue to pray for the surgery to go well, my dad’s complete healing and a safe return to Atlanta. Thanks 🙂
Thank you so much for your prayers!!
My dad is doing better, getting stronger day by day. We’re waiting to hear back from the hospital in San Diego, about whether they’ll accept my dad into their research program so that they can do the surgery. Our Go Fund Me campaign is going well. We’re over $5200, a little over a third of our goal.
Please continue to pray for my dad’s complete healing and that we can raise enough to cover all of the medical expenses. Thanks
Good News Update: [10.13.17] We’re not out of the woods yet, but my dad is doing better. He’s been home for about a week. His doctors gave him a different medicine for his heart which is working. So he’s doing good. He’s getting ready to go back to work.
We’re waiting to hear back from the hospital in San Diego to see if my dad will be accepted in to the research program and receive the surgery. They’re reviewing his records now. It will take about a month before we hear anything.
Our Go Fund Me page is going okay, but any assistance you can give will be most appreciated. The trip to San Diego is only part what we’re trying to raise. There are also medical bills and some household expenses we need help with. Thank so much for your thoughts prayers. Thanks to all of the prayer warriors.
[10.2.17] My dad, Victor, has had a rough time this year. In July, he was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. He was treated at two hospitals over six weeks and then came home to recover. He got better and went back to work the day after Labor Day, but after two weeks he was sick again. This time we found out what was causing the heart failure, a condition called Chronic Thromboernobolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH).
This disease is gets worse with time and attacks not only the heart but also the lungs. The only cure for CTEPH is surgery. Since it’s rare, specialists in San Diego must perform the surgery to save his life. We’ll be going out there in December or January. We’ll know the exact day when we hear back from the hospital in San Diego. Please remember us in prayer, for nothing can be accomplished without God. Also, I’ve start a Go Fund Me campaign. Anyone who can donate (doesn’t matter how small) and give at this link, www.gofundme.com/fbhjep-my-dads-medical-fund. Thanks so much.